Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Potato-Rosemary Pizza

During the past few weeks, I have been attempting to keep up with my blog and Facebook reading. This is my vain attempt to not miss anything this year. Last year I was still getting into the groove of this whole "alternate" lifestyle thing when Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef by Shauna James Ahern came out. I knew I wanted that book, but it just wasn't in my financial cards so I set about stalking sites that were doing a give away. In the process, I discovered a wide world of bloggers who are creating new recipes and serving them up to those of us who are looking for new ideas to implement in our kitchens. These are the people I am still following, and gleaning new information from and forming friendships with. An amazing thing this blogosphere!


Were you wondering if I actually got a book?! You betcha, I did! I got it as part of October Unprocessed hosted by Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom. If you haven't been there, then you should check it out.

I had only been reading the book, and contemplating ways I could use some of the recipes in our house until last week when Shauna posted another community cook-along from their book. Then I knew what to do! Except for we can't have corn, and that is the basis of the pizza/cracker recipe. So, instead I used potato flour and arrowroot starch, and added rosemary and garlic powder to the dough. Mmmmmmmm!!! I am currently sitting here enjoying it with a bit of chicken and some cheddar melted on, but plain cheese and a bit of oil is fine as well.

I can't really share the recipe for this with you as it is a variation on the one from the Gluten Free Girl's cook book, but I can share the link to hers. Here you go: gluten-free pizza!


No comments:

Post a Comment