Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chocolate Pecan Coffee Cake

I am going to use coffee cake loosely since it is really more cake like, but there you have it. This recipe is from The Spunky Coconut with a few tweaks of my own for the SOS Kitchen Challenge. I cut the recipe in half to make in an 8 x 8 pan. I like this site for helping with some of the more difficult measurements to divide. I will admit that it had to cook an extra 15 minutes to be done to my liking, but otherwise I followed her directions to the letter with the following changes.



Changes to the recipe:

white beans=adzuki beans, drained & rinsed
coconut flour=teff flour
eggs=egg substitute of choice
honey=agave
add 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder (just 1 for the 1/2 recipe)
walnuts=pecans (you can leave the walnuts, but I have an allergy so we went with pecans)

Used my blender since I just have a tiny little food processor

Blending up the topping!

Going into the oven

Serving it up with a side of strawberries


1 comment:

  1. Great idea to use the adzuki beans in Kelly's recipe! The combination of the adzukis and teff must have made a lovely cocoa color. :) Thanks for submitting this to the SOS this month! :D

    ReplyDelete