Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lenora Le Noire Adoption

I have been wanting to adopt a gluten free blogger for quite awhile, but was never quite sure how to go about it or just missed opportunities. I was skimming my twitter feed a bit ago when I saw a tweet from Celiacs in the House putting someone up for adoption. I jumped, and am ever so glad I did.

Adoptee--Lenora Le Noire: Fat and Glamorous in the Kitchen

Her blog name and twitter handle (fatglamkitchen) had me smiling from the first moment, and her blog matches them perfectly. I am so happy to have found Lenora, and will be visiting regularly to see what she is whipping up.

For purposes of this adoption, I chose to do her Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and Avocado Chocolate Mousse. The cookies were a huge hit around here, though we did substitute our non-dairy chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate. I was a bit skeptical about the mousse, in part as I am not a fan of avocados. She's right though. It is fabulous!e

The second dish I made had a substitution as well since I couldn't find millet. I used quinoa on the approval of Lenora. :) I think I probably needed to use a third sweet potato and a smaller pan. I used a 9 x 13, and probably a 9 x 11 or an 8 x 8 would have sufficed. Regardless the flavors were nummy, and I can't wait to consume leftovers tonight.

Please go check out Lenora!




You get this photo of the sweet potatoes, because they are pretty!




2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the chocolate mousse! I may have to give it a try. I'm also a fan of the avocado, buying them here recently on a weekly basis. I basically put them in tuna fish (using to substitute almost wholly for the mayo) and have been also making my own guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go adlin!! I am so not a fan of the avocado, but it intrigued me so I tried it. I liked it a lot, and think it might be a little extra way to some sweets and calories.

    ReplyDelete