Friday, January 2, 2015

Eggnog Parsnip Muffins

My sister found this almond eggnog for the Monkey. He declared it to nutmeg-y, and wouldn't drink anymore. As I don't do eggnog, it has sat in the fridge. Then I happened upon the idea of muffins. 


I did a quick alteration of our favorite muffin recipe, and popped them in the oven this morning. My dad likes them, and the Monkey says they taste a bit like zucchini bread with a hint of eggnog. Mom thinks they maybe need nuts or more spice. I will take it for this first recipe of 2015.

Eggnog ParsnipMuffins 
Makes 2 dozen

3 eggs
3/4 C coconut oil, melted
2 C parsnips, peeled and grated
2 C eggnog
1 C coconut sugar
1 teaspoon Chinese five spice 
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 C sorghum flour
1 1/4 C brown rice flour
1 C sweet rice flour
1/4 C tapioca starch


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat together eggs and oil. Mix in sugar and parsnips. Alternately add eggnog and flour mixture until combined. Scoop into muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment