Monday, July 20, 2015

All shapes and sizes

My friend, Peggy, mentioned today that Beachbody coaches come in all and shapes and sizes. I will add that certified Beachbody instructors come in all shapes and sizes.

Three years ago, I was over the moon when I got certified to be a S.T.R.I.D.E. Instructor until a mean spirited person pointed out that basically they let fat people teach. Given that I was the only person in that group photo that was overweight, I knew it was directed at me. It really hit me hard. Yeah, I am not super thin or even really super fit, but I worked hard during that day. Could I do the same things as the other girls? Nope, and I still can't do quick burpees. I am an amazing dancer AND I am constantly pushing myself to improve. And isn't that what an instructor should be doing?

Just my random thoughts as I start saving to become a Cize certified instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment