Friday, March 16, 2012

Savory Bread Pudding



Here we go. It has taken me nearly two weeks to get this post from recipe made to up on the blog. All I can say is that life happened. Sinus infection, never ending work schedule, and then the damned (sorry) time change. Can I say how much I do not like the time change? Yeah, yeah we get a whole 'nother hour of sunlight. Nobody ever talks about the month it takes for your body to adjust to the change. Nor do they talk about the craziness that ensues with children let alone ones with sensory issues. Do I need to say anything more about this?

Anyway. The idea for these muffins was born back in the fall when I made sun-dried tomato and basil muffins that only I liked. I put half of them in the freezer intending to make bread pudding. Looky! Here is the bread pudding. I kept it simple with just vegetables and put my meat (an apple-chicken sausage) on the side. Made about 5 very yummy servings, and was a great way to use up my savory bread/muffin. Enjoy!



Savory Bread Pudding

2 dozen savory mini muffins
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2-1 cup diced vegetables

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, spices, cheese and vegetables. In this case, I defrosted some crinkle cut zucchini and tri-colored peppers, and then diced them up. Set aside. Cube up bread/muffins, and add to egg mixture coating thoroughly. Dump either into a 9 x 9 greased pan or 5 (or 6) individual ramekins. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm and your pudding is slightly pouffy. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment