Monday, February 29, 2016

National Reading Month Challenge

A group of friends and I have gotten together to sponsor a fun Facebook activity for the month of March in honor of National Reading Month. If you are interested in joining us, let me know and I can add you. :)

I couldn't decide what to do, and then I hit on a solid idea. I am in countdown mode for a new book coming out in April. So I am doing a re-read of the series. You are getting at least three mini-reviews during this month. Please hold me to it, okay?




I am a huge fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon specifically, and supernatural romantic fiction in general. So when she came out with a YA book based on a character from the Dark Hunter series, I was super excited. I love when I find a good YA series, and this one has not failed me yet.

I finished book one this past Saturday. I realized that I read it just last year in prep for the launch of the last book. I mention this because I have read it three times in less than 2 years. Might be the sign of a great series, right?

The main character is Nick Gautier. A street smart, smart talking, teenager who has no idea that he is a supernatural being until one day his school starts being overrun by living zombies. Cool, right? The story follows our unexpected hero as he fights zombies, meets a girl,  and finds friends and support in unexpected people. 

This is definitely a teen read, in my opinion. Dark humor and content make it unsuitable for tweens, or at least mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment