Oatmeal Pancakes II (Original)
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (am thinking that a nut flour would be better)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup vanilla coconut milk (again thinking that vanilla oat or almond milk would be tasty)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive/safflower/peanut oil
- 1 egg
- Place oats in a food processor, and puree until a coarse flour like consistency is achieved; about 2 minutes. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, milk, vanilla, oil and egg until mostly smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.