Friday, August 5, 2011

Ricki Heller Adoption


So, I decided to do another adoption this month, and of someone I have made one or two recipes from. Readers may recall that back in late winter, I was testing recipes for a cookbook. You can find a couple of things that I have done here and here. I had such fun that I volunteered to test for somebody else, but that is a later post.

Today's post is about Ricki Heller of Diet, Dessert and Dogs. I think her subtitle nicely sums up her blog: Sugar-free, gluten-free whole foods. Anti-candida living. And comments from my dogs.

As part of her blog, she co-hosts a monthly challenge featuring a specific ingredient with the goal being to (in my opinion anyway) to discover new ingredients and creative ways to use "old" ingredients. I have participated a number of times in the SOS Kitchen Challenge since discovering it last fall.


So getting back to testing for Ricki's cookbook, Good morning! Breakfasts, I wanted to try these simple, luscious sounding pancakes so I bought the ingredients. When I went back to get the recipe in the "test kitchen," it was gone. I was disappointed, but understood that they were in need of perfecting. Imagine my joy when the new and improved recipe was posted to the blog. I made them immediately and served the fabulous, light, moist, Coconut Pancakes with macadamia butter on top and home fried potatoes on the side. Once again, I was very pleased with the results. I am not vegan or anti-candida, but I truly enjoy making and eating recipes from Ricki's blog. Next up? This apple-quinoa cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment