Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ratio Rally Brownies


This is the first of two posts. Yes, two! I had three great ideas, but only two fully worked out. :) This is the first as it established my ratio, and it was kid tested and approved. Not just by my Monkey, but by several kids at Awanas as we were in charge of snack that week.

So my ratio turned out pretty simple, which is something I like. 1 flour:2 fat:2 eggs (2 oz:4 oz:4 oz). For more fabulous recipes go and check out our host for this month, Mary Fran from FrannyCakes!



Triple Chocolate Brownies





4 ounces butter
4 ounces chocolate (chips, baking chocolate)
140 grams granulated sugar
70 grams teff
30 grams cocoa powder
2 eggs
50 grams chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



Melt the chocolate, butter and sugar together in a microwave safe bowl for about 90 seconds. Stir to determine meltiness. Return to microwave for another 30-60 seconds as necessary. Add whisked eggs, and stir. Add teff and cocoa until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips, and pour into a greased 9 x 11 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Cool before cutting.



10 comments:

  1. I love that we both made a form of "triple chocolate" brownies. Great minds, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! I'm going to have to try them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely great minds!!! They were pretty awesome, and I made them twice so I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple, Delicious, and kid & mother approved - Sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crinkled surface? Gooey center? Triple chocolate?

    Can I come over? :)

    Seriously though, this is a great recipe. And I love that you used teff, i.e., the chocolate flour of the world.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are these with teff? They don't taste too earthy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jonathan and Kristyn! :)

    Morri? You can come over anytime to my messy home. lol!

    highfaulutin? I have never thought that teff tasted earthy. I like that it gives an extra boost to the chocolate, and doesn't give off the grainy texture that rice sometimes does. You should totally give these a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so great that you are sharing these Gluten free recipes. My sister-in-law has celiac disease and now I know what to make when she comes over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, there! I just made these and they taste fantastic -- I added 1/2 tsp. of salt because I like what it does for chocolate, and I used teff as the recipe states. But I'm thinking now that you meant teff flour? The teff actually gives them a peculiar, but suprisingly pleasant crunch :-) I guess I'll just have to try another batch with teff flour to see how they compare!

    ReplyDelete