Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pineapple Truffle Bread

Over the holidays, we somehow ended up with two containers of crushed pineapple in the fridge. I put it in my oatmeal nearly daily (with almond butter, coconut and craisins), but I still had a bit left. Decided that I would try and recreate one of my favorite See's candies, the pineapple truffle.


With the boy needing more snacks that are wheat and corn free, I knew what needed to be done first. I went back to my quick bread ratio for a starting place. Made sure I had lots of chocolate (he says there isn't enough). The only thing missing, in my opinion, is some coconut sugar, And maybe more pineapple.


Pineapple Truffle Bread

8 ounces crushed pineapple with juice
4 ounces melted coconut oil
2 eggs
4 ounces teff flour
2 ounces dark chocolate cocoa powder
2 ounces all purpose gluten free flour
4 ounces sugar
1 tsp baking soda
Handful dark chocolate chips
Handful chopped pecans



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium size bowl, combine pineapple, cooled coconut oil, and eggs. Set aside. In a smallish bowl, stir together flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and sugar. Pour slowly into egg mixture and stir until combined. Add chocolate chips (the boy says add more than called for) and pecans/almonds if you want. Grease four small loaf pans, and fill with batter. Bake for roughly 40 minutes or until a testing tool comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!

Note: I would add maybe another ounce of pineapple to the batter and/or make a glaze (powdered sugar and pineapple juice) to pour over the top to increase the pineapple flavor.

5 comments: