Thursday, January 11, 2007

He's got rhythm!

Does that sound funny? My boy loves music. Has since he was in the womb. He could be fussy at church and the sounds of the choir singing would calm him right down. His favorite piece of music is the Rachmaninoff Vespers, which he has been listening to since he was 5 months old. My thought was that he would be musically talented. Then he became mobile & started dancing. Sigh.

He had absolutely no rhythm at all. Bouncing, swaying, moving his feet & arms all to the off-beat or in some cases in-between beat of any music he listened to. Shortly after his first birthday he started singing. Let's just say it wasn't pretty, but it was amusing as his first song was Yo-ho, yo-ho a pirate's life for me (at that time it was just yo yo yo yo yo & is now yo-yo piates me).

Monday night we were watching the closing credits of Take the Lead, and I looked up to see him doing his crazy bopping thing. Took me a minute to realize that he was actually bopping to the beat of the music. HALLELUJAH!! He is finally starting to get it. Add that to his bits & pieces of songs, which have some sort of tune I think there is hope for him yet.

1 comment:

  1. B...this is hilarious. good stuff.

    and i look forward to the boy's triple threat debut on Broadway. :)

    ReplyDelete