Saturday, April 2, 2011

Shakeology Cleanse

Generally this is a three day cleanse (my fellow coach, Brent, has a great post on the cleanse), but since I am sick AND really looking forward to my sister's birthday dinner tomorrow, i.e. the first BBQ of the year, I have modified it to two days. The purpose for me was to jump start my weight loss again. I had been stuck at 208.5/209 for over a month, and was beginning to get frustrated. I had added in some more strength training on the advice of my coach Sarah, but it didn't seem to be helping much so I decided to go ahead with the cleanse.

Imagine my surprise on Friday morning when I stepped on the Wii fit board for a pre-cleanse weigh-in to find that I had dropped to 206, which is now a total loss of 27 pounds. Happy dance ensued! :) Guess some of that extra work paid off!

Blended up my first shake after returning from dropping the younglings for their morning walk with Auma and Auntie Bubba before school. The day went well though I was severely under my projected calories for the day. I blame my illness and my odd day in general for the inability to get my third shake in. I was in bed by 8 p.m. :p I did get in a 30 minutes 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone during the afternoon, which made me feel much better.

Saturday dawned with a headache and a 100 degree temperature. Today's planned exercise is not happening, but the cleanse continues. Lunch was the ice cream version of breakfast. I love the frozen fruit mix I get with strawberries, peaches, mangoes and pineapples in my Shakeology. As a frozen treat, it is nearly unbeatable. Dinner is a beautiful salad with some chicken breast, cheese and cashews. With the cashews and a third shake later, I am at 882 calories for the day. I may add in a cup of tea or a glass of orange juice before bed to help with this cough, but otherwise I am pleased.


Will post a full update on the cleanse sometime tomorrow after we finish celebrating my sister's birth!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! I am on a weight loss journey too. I have heard of the Shakeology cleanse and I am so curious to see how it works out. That salad looks really delicious (and oh so healthy too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks good enough to eat! Not to be nosy, but is 882 calories for the day enough? Is it so low because of the cold and/or the cleanse?

    Hope you are feeling better. And, congrats on losing two more pounds!

    ReplyDelete