Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crock Pot Pineapple Cake (Review)




I first found Gingerlemongirl.com when the Monkey was diagnosed with his multiple allergies 2 1/2 years ago, and have used several of her recipes as is and as the basis for some of my creations. Since then we have become friends as well, and I was so pleased when she started testing for her cookbook, Everything Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Cookbook. I got to take a small part in the testing, and then had to wait for the book to come out. 


Now that it has finally come out (I am not a patient person), I have the opportunity to review a recipe for you, and offer you the chance to try it out for yourself. You will so not be disappointed. Not because it is gluten free, which it is, but because it is an amazing collection of recipes for your crock pot. Period. Do you know anybody with a crock pot? Then they need this book. Onto the recipe....


Okay, I volunteered for this gig. I love helping out with cookbooks, and trying out recipes. It may well be an illness. Maybe. Carrie asked me if I wanted sweet or savory, and I told her to surprise me. She did with the perfect recipe, Right Side Up Pineapple Cake. How did she know of my insane love of pineapple cake?! :) It was perfect.



It went together beautifully. The instructions were easy to follow, and I had no problems. Well, unless you count the fact that my pineapple and cherries sank. :) It was all good though. I flipped it out onto a plate, and you can see them under the layer of cake. It was taken and devoured at the bi-annual church picnic and kick ball game. Thumbs up all around. This is the moistest cake I have had in a long time with or without gluten.



No comments:

Post a Comment