Monday, June 20, 2011

Post Summit Push

I don't know if I really shared here that I was getting ready to go to the Beachbody Coach Summit, which was held this past weekend in Los Angeles. I am extremely grateful to my mother, aunt, sisters and father who helped make this trip happen for me. I have come out of it with a greater vision of who I am, who I want to be, and where my life and business are going.my

I met up with my coach, Sarah, at LAX to take a Super Shuttle to the JW Marriott at LA Live Thursday afternoon. We got our badges and headed over to the Yard House for a meal. Whatever they put in those turkey sliders is the bomb! We separated for our evening activities. I headed to a tour of the Beachbody offices, and can I say WOW!


Friday started with a workout at 7 a.m.! I attended the workout with Body Gospel creator Donna Richardson Joyner who was absolutely amazing! The live drummers she brought along were just as amazing! This wasn't the only workout of the weekend. I had the opportunity to workout with Chalene Johnson as well on Friday (creator of Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire). Then there was the Super Workout with all of the trainers on the streets of L.A. Okay, only one street between the Nokia Plaza and the Staples Center! Over 2000 coaches working out in close quarters. It was AWESOME!!! And to top the weekend off I boogied at the after party Saturday night, and got in a nice swim Sunday morning before the first session and returning home.

Donna and I

Post Turbo Fire workout with a poster of Chalene! :)

Tony Horton (P90x) and I post Super Workout (I had cleaned up!)

In addition to these awesome workouts, there were amazing sessions. Besides the general sessions (three of these), I got the most out of the ones on time management and using social media to build a business. Did I mention they fed us as well? Shakeology every morning! Including the new flavor that was announced on Friday, Tropical. Look for it to be available towards the end of 2011/early 2012. The food at the dinner reception may have been a buffet, but it was amazing as well. The veggie pot stickers? I had a few! :)

I think thought that what I discovered in those three jam packed days was that this company and these coaches are all about building each other up and seeing the world a better, healthier place. I met and talked to so many people on the elevator, waiting in line, sitting on the bus, at the restaurant waiting for takeout, and a dozen other places. I made new friends and caught the sense of family that Beachbody is all about. Awesome!

Sarah and I (friends & family)

No comments:

Post a Comment